“John Jay 2020 looks out on a world much changed since our inaugural year 1964, and our overriding concern is to prepare students to flourish professionally and personally in a world reshaped significantly by cultural, economic, and technological change. Our plan ensures that students have the skills, knowledge and experiences required for post-graduate success. With the inclusion of new opportunities in healthcare and online learning, and an emphasis on global engagement, John Jay 2020 adds important dimensions to the student experience and broadens our understanding of a just society.”
- Jeremy Travis, President, John Jay College
Following John Jay College’s recent and profound institutional transformation that put the College on an all-baccalaureate footing and established a new academic profile, the moment is right to build the superstructure needed in a few critical areas for the years ahead. The focus now turns to transformational learning and development for our students; “John Jay 2020” is the blueprint for that effort through the end of this decade.
Through the seven goals of the Strategic Plan, John Jay will
- enlarge the opportunities that contribute to life-long student success;
- invest in the faculty who deliver the academic program;
- expand student access through new scholarships;
- create new pathways into health and public health professions;
- build infrastructure and academic programs for online delivery;
- deepen our commitment to diversity by enhancing our identity as an Hispanic-Serving Institution; and
- shape strategically John Jay’s global identity.